- Please pack performance attire on top of other items in your suitcase. This will make the check-in process so much smoother.
- You must arrive NO LATER than 6:30am in the chorus room for check in.
- Please have $$ for lunch and dinner with you on the bus. We will not empty out the contents underneath the bus when we stop.
- Friday - students will have free time to sight-see in Gatlinburg. Breakfast and lunch are on your own. Trolley is available for .50-$2 to help transport you around Gatlinburg. Everyone must be back at the hotel by 2:30pm to begin getting ready.
- Friday - we will meet in the lobby at 3:30 dressed and ready to go. Ladies, please bring a change of clothes for dinner after the performance.
- Saturday - we will meet in the lobby at 8:00am and head to breakfast. All students must be in their trip shirt and jeans. You will need money for breakfast and one other meal. The park will have a $10 meal voucher for you.
- We perform at 10:45am, followed by a group photo, and all day in the park! Yay!
- Upon arriving back at the hotel, please pack up all your belongings to make leaving the next day easier :)
- Sunday - 7:30am room check. 8:00am leave Gatlinburg. Breakfast will be available when you leave. Please have $$ for lunch with you on the bus.
- Every night chaperones will do a 10:45pm and 11:00pm room check. Lights out at 11pm.
- Please keep all items secure
- Please keep an eye on the weather to know how to pack.
- Be respectful of everyone, every thing, and every place.
- You MUST be in groups of AT LEAST 4 at all times.
Listed below are some important, last-minute, bits of information.
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving break! This is a busy week coming up, so please read over the information below to get you ready for our upcoming concert!
1. It is extremely important that students are present every day this week! We will be "fine tuning" our music and when one or more students are absent it makes a huge difference in the sound of the group.
2. The 2nd payment for the Gatlinburg trip is due Tuesday. Students were given their balances last Friday and will be sent reminders of their balance on Sunday. Congrats to those of you who fund-raised enough to cover your payment!!
3. Poinsettias will be delivered on Tuesday! If you sold, please plan to come after school and collect your plants. THESE DO NOT NEED TO GO HOME ON THE BUS. Please make arrangements to pick them up after school. Also, these plants need to be delivered shortly after pick-up. Once you take them from school they are your responsibility and need to be delivered to the buyer asap!
4. Every year each choir takes care of an Angel Tree recipient. Students will be given information in class on Monday for the items requested. This is our way of giving back to those in need in our area and students always do a great job!
5. Friday, Dec. 1st, the Women's Chorus will be singing downtown at 6:10pm for Milton Gallery Night. Please come out and support them!
6. Monday, December 4th is our mandatory dress rehearsal. Students are required to stay after school until 5:30pm. This is for a test grade. Please make sure you are picked up promptly at 5:30pm.
7. Tuesday, December 5th is our Holiday Concert! The concert starts at 6:30pm with a call time of 5:30pm. Call time means students are to be in their assigned location at that time.
8. For the concert, students will need to arrive in their black concert attire. As a reminder, ladies will need BLACK DRESS SHOES. Guys will need BLACK DRESS SHOES & BLACK SOCKS. Ladies hair is to be neat and out of their face. No strong perfumes/cologne are to be worn. All black dresses and tuxes should be altered to fit by the time of the concert. If you need contact info for an alterations location please just let me know!
9. For the second half of the concert students will need to dress in "holiday colors." Tacky sweaters are acceptable, as long as they don't light up and/or make noise.
10. I am in need of a few parents who would be willing to monitor the backstage area as students are transitioning in to their holiday attire. I will try and make sure it is not during your child's performance.
11. I have a few spots that have come open on the Gatlinburg trip. My first priority would be for guys, since we have lost a few guys and need to try and keep the balance of parts in place. If you are a guy and would like to go, please let me know asap!!!
As always. please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you so much for all you do to support our program!
What a great Homecoming week we had! Thank you to all the students who worked hard on our door and truck! We placed 2nd in the Truck Competition! I'm sure most of you know by now, but our Homecoming dance has been rescheduled for November 4th. Mrs. Wernette will go over information in class on Monday. If you signed up to help with set up/break down, or parents who signed up to chaperone, most things will remain the same, just the change in date. Listed below is a rundown of all the events taking place this week. It's another busy, but exciting week!
Monday - New Homecoming Dance info discussed in class. Updated Gatlinburg trip info sent home. All-State rehearsal after school.
Tuesday - Holiday Music Kick-off! Wear your holiday best for our music kick-off! All-State rehearsal after school.
Wednesday - Pensacola Opera Performance during 1st period. All chorus students excused from 1st period to attend performance in auditorium. Leadership meeting before school 8:30am-9:00am.
Thursday - FINAL UNIFORM PAYMENT DUE AT THIS TIME. End-of-9 weeks assessments in class. All-State rehearsals before and after school.
Friday - Chorus concession work-night. All-State rehearsal before and after school.
We've got a busy week coming up, but there is a lot to celebrate too! Congratulations to the following students for passing the 1st round of All State Auditions this past Tuesday:
This past Saturday, the following students passed the 2nd round of All-State and will now work hard to learn their music for the final round in 3 weeks!
This Monday, September 25th will be our first All-County rehearsal at Navarre High School. Students that were selected are to be at NHS by 4:30pm for rehearsal. Rehearsal will go until 6:30-6:45pm.
This entire week will also be auditions for our Spring trip to Gatlinburg for the Smoky Mountain Music Festival. If you have not signed up for an audition time, please make sure you do as soon as possible! Space is limited!
We also have Homecoming door and truck decorating taking place this week before and after school on select days. Please check in the classroom for the days we need help!
Wednesday before school is our next Leadership team meeting.
It's going to be a great, but busy, week!
Due to school being closed on Monday, September 11th All-County auditions will now take place during school. You will have your vocal audition recorded for judging purposes. Please plan to be ready next Friday.
All-State practice recordings are now available on the website for the SSAA and TTBB choirs.
All other activities, practices, etc. are to remained scheduled for next week. Hope to see you all on Tuesday!
Congratulations to the following students on their 2017-2018 Chorus Leadership Positions
PRESIDENT - MISTY THOMSON
VICE-PRESIDENT - SIENNA NGUYEN
WOMEN'S CHORUS SECTION LEADERS:
SOPRANO 1 - ASHWIN SKOOG
SOPRANO 2 - CHARLIE STEWART
ALTO - TBD
MIXED CHORUS SECTION LEADERS:
SOPRANO - SOPHIE EBERHARD
ALTO - CHARLIE STEWART
TENOR - ZACH HILTON
BASS - TBD
BEGINNING CHORUS SECTION LEADERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AFTER NEXT WEEK!
Welcome back students and parents! This is going to be a great year in the Milton High School Choral Department! This first week of school students will be given SO MUCH information regarding school procedures, policies, etc., as well as their chorus syllabus and more! Please try and look over all the information. All forms given out to students throughout the year can also be located under the "Important Information" tab at the top of the screen. Please also be sure to check out our calendar for all events listed throughout the year! Lets have a great year and GOOOOOO Panthers!!
Auditions for next year's chorus are coming up soon! If you are interested in joining the 2017-2018 MHS Choral program please consider auditioning for an advanced group! Auditions are required for our Women's and Mixed Choirs. If you are looking to join Beginning Choir then no audition is necessary. Please see the info below:
I hope you all had a great weekend! First, let me congratulate the students on a fantastic performance at this past Friday's Black History Month Assembly! You sounded and looked great! Thank you for being flexible as the crowds were large and seating was limited! Below is a list of this week's/weekend's events!
Monday - Musical dress rehearsal after school until 8:00pm
Tuesday - Mixed Chorus quiz on flats during class. Musical dress rehearsal after school until 8:00pm
Thursday - Opening night of "High School Musical" @ 7pm. Please come out and support your fellow chorus members in this fantastic production! Extra credit will be offered for attending any of the four performances.
Saturday - "High School Musical" performances at 2pm & 7pm.
Sunday - "High School Musical" performance at 2pm
As we look forward to events for this week I want to look back to last week and say what a pleasure it was to have members of the Pensacola Opera perform for us! I hope you all enjoyed the performance as well! We have several events going on this week!
Monday - Candy/Candy money is due! Any student going on the UWF Choral Invitational trip needs to turn in their permission form.
Tuesday - 3rd and 4th periods will have a quiz on flat key signatures. Please turn in all candy/candy money and UWF permission forms.
Wednesday - Today is a half day! Please make sure you are aware of the change.
Thursday - Mixed Chorus will rehearse after school until 4:30pm. We will leave MHS at 5:00pm, stop for dinner at Chick-fil-a, and arrive at UWF by 6:15pm. We will perform in the UWF Choral Invitational from 6:30-8:00pm. Students should be back at MHS by 8:30pm. Please have a ride ready to take you home at that time.
Friday - We hope you all enjoy the long weekend! Happy President's Day!