MHS CHORUS VIRTUAL CHOIR EXPERIENCE 2020
What is a Virtual Choir?
Welcome back to last year's chorus students, and welcome to our new chorus students for the 2019-2020 school year! It's going to be an exciting year with lots of opportunities for our students! Please check our calendar for all the major dates of the year (some will be added throughout), as well as important documents such as the course syllabus, permission forms, and more! Make sure you sign up for our remind notifications so you can get up-to-date reminders about things going on that week in chorus. As always, feel free to email Mrs. Wernette if you have any questions about anything throughout the year.
I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and are enjoying the start to the new year! Please read below to hear about some events that have recently happened, and some that are happening soon that you can be a part of!
For the 2018-2019 school year Santa Rosa County District Schools has once again provided an awesome opportunity for students at both King and Hobbs Middle Schools. My name is Katie Wernette and I am the choral director at Milton High School and the new director of this year’s Milton City Singers program! The Milton City Singers will once again provide an opportunity for our students to be a part of a middle school choral program. While we are absolutely thrilled that King Middle is offering chorus, we know it is not a full time offering. Therefore, students at both schools are open to join this awesome after school chorus. Here are some details to know before you decide to join:
Again, please submit the permission form below to your school’s front office by Tuesday, October 9th. Thank you for allowing your child to be a part of what is sure to be a fantastic chorus of amazing middle school students!
Milton High School Chorus is fortunate to have an outstanding group of students taking leadership positions for the 2018-2019 school year. While leadership positions for Beginning Chorus will be decided in the coming weeks, please congratulate the following students:
President - Kylee Stowell
Vice-President - Jasmyne Bates
Womens Section Leaders
S1 - Savannah Wolf
S2 - Alaura Pooley
Alto - Renee Holden
Mixed Section Leaders
Soprano - TBA
Alto - Jordan Harris
Men - William Butcher
Welcome back for the start of the 2018-2019 school year! We have lots planned for this school year and hope that you keep track of all our events through the chorus calendar located under the "calendar" tab. Please make a note about our Parent meeting taking place in the chorus room on August 23rd at 6:00pm. We hope to see many of you there! If you are unable to attend we will soon be linking up our YouTube Channel where you can see our announcements, concerts, etc. throughout the year!
Listed below are some important, last-minute, bits of information.
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving break! This is a busy week coming up, so please read over the information below to get you ready for our upcoming concert!
1. It is extremely important that students are present every day this week! We will be "fine tuning" our music and when one or more students are absent it makes a huge difference in the sound of the group.
2. The 2nd payment for the Gatlinburg trip is due Tuesday. Students were given their balances last Friday and will be sent reminders of their balance on Sunday. Congrats to those of you who fund-raised enough to cover your payment!!
3. Poinsettias will be delivered on Tuesday! If you sold, please plan to come after school and collect your plants. THESE DO NOT NEED TO GO HOME ON THE BUS. Please make arrangements to pick them up after school. Also, these plants need to be delivered shortly after pick-up. Once you take them from school they are your responsibility and need to be delivered to the buyer asap!
4. Every year each choir takes care of an Angel Tree recipient. Students will be given information in class on Monday for the items requested. This is our way of giving back to those in need in our area and students always do a great job!
5. Friday, Dec. 1st, the Women's Chorus will be singing downtown at 6:10pm for Milton Gallery Night. Please come out and support them!
6. Monday, December 4th is our mandatory dress rehearsal. Students are required to stay after school until 5:30pm. This is for a test grade. Please make sure you are picked up promptly at 5:30pm.
7. Tuesday, December 5th is our Holiday Concert! The concert starts at 6:30pm with a call time of 5:30pm. Call time means students are to be in their assigned location at that time.
8. For the concert, students will need to arrive in their black concert attire. As a reminder, ladies will need BLACK DRESS SHOES. Guys will need BLACK DRESS SHOES & BLACK SOCKS. Ladies hair is to be neat and out of their face. No strong perfumes/cologne are to be worn. All black dresses and tuxes should be altered to fit by the time of the concert. If you need contact info for an alterations location please just let me know!
9. For the second half of the concert students will need to dress in "holiday colors." Tacky sweaters are acceptable, as long as they don't light up and/or make noise.
10. I am in need of a few parents who would be willing to monitor the backstage area as students are transitioning in to their holiday attire. I will try and make sure it is not during your child's performance.
11. I have a few spots that have come open on the Gatlinburg trip. My first priority would be for guys, since we have lost a few guys and need to try and keep the balance of parts in place. If you are a guy and would like to go, please let me know asap!!!
As always. please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you so much for all you do to support our program!