What is a Virtual Choir?
- Singers record and upload their video files from remote locations.
- Each one of the files is then synchronized and combined into one single performance to create the virtual choir.
- Access the choral score (pdf) and the MP3 for your voice part either in Teams or www.miltonhighschoolchorus.com
- While listening to the track with HEADPHONES, record cell phone VIDEO of yourself singing your vocal part (do NOT sing along with the solo’s – only the chorus of the song and the last words “for you and I.”
- This means that you will need two devices – one to play the recording in your headphones, and another (presumably a phone) to actually record your video and audio of you singing!
- We should NOT hear the audio of the music in your record, ONLY your voice.
- Save the video file and upload it by Friday, May 8th at 11:59pm.
- Save it as your name + voice part (Example: KatieWernetteAlto)
- Videos should be uploaded by Friday, May 8th at 11:59pm.
- If you are worried about technical issues don’t worry! You can schedule a time to come up to the chorus room and record your video with Mrs. Wernette (This is not an opportunity to practice, simply to use the internet and devices on hand in the chorus room to make sure it’s done correctly!).
- If you’d like to set up a time, please click here ß
- When recording the video from your phone you MUST record HORIZONTALLY (landscape mode). Keep it steady and try to set it somewhere. Don’t try and hold it yourself.
- Wear a solid color shirt. No prints, text, etc. on the shirt. A basic t-shirt is preferred (obviously keep it school appropriate).
- Record in front of a solid WHITE or BEIGE background. Do not record yourself outside.
- Record yourself in a room that has good lighting, with no outside noises or distractions. Please make sure you are removed from any noises and/or outside distractions.
- Keep your head and shoulders within the frame. We do NOT want full body.
- Sing right in to your phone’s camera lens. Don’t look off to the side, down at the floor, etc. Sing to your audience (through the camera lens – we want to see you).
- Begin recording yourself and allow for 3 SECONDS to pass before starting the sing-along track. Once the song has COMPLETELY ended wait another 3 seconds before stopping your video – keep looking and smiling at the camera.
- Don’t react to any mistake you might have made. Remember, we will see you more up close for this than any regular concert. That being said……
- Be ANIMATED when you sing! Smile! Show emotion! Look happy! When the soloist is singing and you’re just sitting there, try and think of the good times – let it show on your face 😊
- You can email the file to email@example.com
- You can upload the file to this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nG15ZJiRXzPzuqsAzQRK4Asv_-7oxCy7?usp=sharing
- You can post the file in Teams
- DO NOT SEND through Remind
- DO NOT make it as a YouTube video.